POWER TO THE MEETINGS
HOW TO ORGANISE MEETINGS THAT ROCK
Events are a powerful visual, expressive and content tool. More importantly, they are an effective communication tool. Every event organiser will leave their mark and signature on their event, and the more freedom we have, the stronger our stamp.
The “Power to the Meetings” book is a treasure trove of knowledge about everything to do with events and a must-read for anybody in marketing and communications. What is more, the enthusiasm and passion that pervades this book make it a fun and interesting read. Gorazd Čad not only covers the basics, drawing on the most recent research but also shows which changes and trends will shape the industry and to what effect.
What is ``POWER TO THE MEETINGS``?
“Power to the Meetings” is the methodology for creating memorable events. It's a concept that advocates quality events and greater responsibility towards participants, the environment and ourselves. It is not merely a way of organising events, but a way of life.
READERS WILL DISCOVER...
- practical examples on organising live, digital and hybrid events
- how you can avoid Mr Murphy, who is lurking waiting behind every corner in event organising
- why organise events, and how to transform them from boring into quality, inspiring and interactive events
- which methods of participant marketing work and which psychological triggers we can use for marketing
- why quality content is the basis for your event’s success and how to create content that will touch your participants’ hearts
- how to create an event’s personality through quality branding and how to create a great event image as the ultimate brand interpretation
- what is event rhythm and why it is crucial to establish harmony in an event’s programme
- how we achieve measurable added value (ROI and ROE) for organisers and participants
- how to change participants from passive to active with numerous moderation techniques
- why event preparation is a major part of the final result and why we need to put in 16 hours of preparation for one hour of an event’s programme
- you will learn to hear, listen and understand what participants expect, think and feel
- you will learn about our responsibility to organise the events of the future with minimal carbon footprint – the clock is inevitably ticking
- why digital platforms are hungry for good stories and quality marketing
… and numerous other methods and techniques that will be of practical assistance when organising events
Who is Gorazd Čad?
Gorazd Čad is a seasoned meeting planner who has dedicated 25 years of his life to the meetings and event industry. He has witnessed the fall of Yugoslavia, the establishment of independent Slovenia, adapted to the internet revolution of the ’90s, overcome the economic crisis of 2008, the 2010 eruption of an Icelandic volcano, the 2019 meetings industry burnout, 2020s corona crisis and more. He is the founder and CEO of Toleranca Marketing agency and the Editor in Chief of Kongres Magazine.
Gorazd Čad often compares the meetings industry to rock’n’roll. To him, rock’n’roll is much more than just a music genre. It’s passion, dedication and striving to be different. It’s showing the best of what you’ve got with all your heart and voice at the right moment. It’s impressing your audience and leaving an impression. It’s establishing an authentic connection with every participant and listening to their wishes. It’s making sure that attendees become your fans. The secret and essence of rock’n’roll is a good idea. The best ideas are simple, clear and unambiguous. Those that speak to the heart and soul. Just like music, events are a universal language that everyone understands. The idea of rock’n’roll is closely connected to the idea of freedom. Rock’n’roll is a way of life.
WHY A BOOK ON EVENT ORGANISING
The first time I heard that I should write a book on event organising was around a decade ago. At that time, it felt too early and too soon. We were in the middle of developing grand events. Among them, the awarded and recognised Conventa drained the most energy. Despite being delighted to receive compliments and awards, I have concluded that I no longer need them. What matters most is the joy when organising events and creating authentic experiences and the child-like enthusiasm that comes from seeing happy and satisfied participants. That is the ultimate goal of every event organiser.
You can purchase the book in our ONLINE SHOP by adding the product to your cart and going to the checkout.
The payment for the purchase of the products from the online store may be made by credit card. You can also pay via a pro-forma invoice.
All prices in the online store are listed in EUR and include VAT, unless explicitly stated otherwise. All store prices are the prices of the products and do not include shipping costs, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
We will deliver the purchased products to you within the deadlines specified when placing the order (usually 4-6 business days for international orders). If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know.