The client wanted to carry out a research on competitive congress centres in Slovenia and the Friuli Venezia Giulia region. The research included 18 congress centres and hotels that had a minimum hall capacity for 350 participants. The main reason for doing the research was to strengthen the competitive advantages of Kärntner Messen Klagenfurt in the field of congress-fair activities, where their main weakness was the lack of a modern multifunctional hall. Experience from abroad taught us that the greatest investment a convention centre can make is in congress capacities of the highest standard. For serious differentiation from the competition, simple industrial halls just aren’t enough anymore.
In the research, we looked at the main competitors in Slovenia and the Friuli Venezia Giulia region. We divided the analysis into the following activities:
- Online benchmark matrix preparation (Survio)
- Quantitative research (inventorisation of competitors and preparation of quantitative report)
- Qualitative research
- Price comparison
- Online research on the perception of meeting planners about Klagenfurt Messe
- General market analysis for 2018
- Final redaction of the benchmark study, design and preparation
- Workshop with the Klagenfurt Messe team
The extensive research was carried out over a period of four months, giving us a detailed insight into the key competitive elements of Klagenfurt Messe.
Start of period of research: 28.02.2018
Conclusion of period of research: 27.04.2018
Workshop with the client: 09.05.2018