The main purpose of this pre feasibility study was to asses the market potential of a new family hotel in the Gorenjska region, which was also planning to expand its offer with a congress centre in the future. This would bring an important asset to the tourist town and improve its position in the congress industry. The hotel was betting on an excellent location right by the Triglav National Park and the soothing alpine climate, an ideal combination for developing additional tourist products.
We based the study on the following goals, which were all successfully reached:
- Give an accurate assessment of future demand and prepare a projection of future business performance based on industry trends and a marketing analysis
- Define the optimal plan of actions for the new hotel, while considering the logical ratio between investment costs and expected returns.
- Calculate running costs based on an assessment of the Slovenian hotelier market
- Base the study on trends on the hotel market, which will mark future demand in the Gorenjska region and Slovenia
- Define all competing hotel projects, which were known or announced at the time of the study