The agency that creates memorable events.

Call us on +386 1 430 51 03
Štihova 4, 1000 Ljubljana
Image Alt

Bled Congress Forum

Bled Congress Forum


The meetings industry is one of the most important tourist segments, for, among other things, it brings to destinations an extension of the season, which brings more revenue, employment and investment. According to global analyses, the congress industry represents 20% of trips, with three times the financial and other multiplier effects. The Bled Tourist Board has established MICE events as one of the three key pillars of tourism development in Bled and with the organized forum in Bled, Bled is becoming the centre of the meetings industry of Alpine Slovenia. In the search for ways to cooperate and the joint development of the region, the forum offered a unique platform for meetings of all key stakeholders in the region.


On the 21st of March 2019 the Bled Convention Bureau and Toleranca Marketing organized the first Bled Meetings Forum in the Rikli Balance Hotel in Bled. The Forum highlighted the role and importance of meetings tourism in the development of tourist destinations, with an emphasis on Slovene Alpine destinations. The forum opened a discussion based around the thought that the existing quality needs to be further strengthened. This reinforcement should be centred on digital marketing, sustainable development, strategic investors, while protecting the natural and cultural heritage of Bled.


The Bled Meetings Forum enjoyed a successful launch. Not only in terms of the conclusions and decisions achieved, and the loudly-expressed support, but also according to the results of the survey carried out after the event. As many as 75% of the participants expressed their opinion that they will certainly return to the Bled Meetings Forum on 18th March 2020, while the remaining 25% said they would most probably return. This is a remarkable result, which clearly shows how the Slovenian meetings industry desired an event that would bring together so many stakeholders from different segments of industry and integrate them into joint development planning, in order to cope with all the anticipated challenges and transformational guidelines. The need for such an event was also reflected in the assessments of the Forum itself. The idea for organizing the event was rated 4.79 (on the scale from 1 to 5, where the highest score was 5),